Chart 3 Set C Book 10 Sam's Gum PRINTABLE
Purchase is 1 printable book .pdf file [18 pages, print 2-sided, fold down the center, staple.]
Phonics CODE Books are designed as phonetically-consistent practice readers for the Phonics Chart System so any student can use simple logic to decode unknown words. The Phonics Chart System trains the brain to reason and rewards students for their effort.
Unique to the Phonics CODE Books, words can be decoded by applying the CODE or an open syllable sound to the 1st vowel in each word or syllable. An Open Syllable is syllable with only one vowel. That vowel ends the syllable and “sings” its NAME instead of obeying the CODE. The few
decoding exceptions are called “Unfair Words” listed on the back-inside cover. (For more information on two-syllable words, refer to Hanson’s Syllable Sequence.) The CODE Dialog is shown on the back-inside cover.
A distinctive training tool used in the books is the “Read and See” format.
The “Read and See” format has only text on the first page (no picture). The illustration is on the back of the page with the text repeated.
• Rather than depend on the picture to guess the words, the “Read and See” format helps children to focus on the letters and practice their decoding skills.
• This format serves as a comprehension tool encouraging students to make a “picture in their mind” from the text before being influenced by the illustrator’s interpretation.
• It also serves as an evaluation tool as students turn the page and match the “picture in their mind” to the illustration. “Read and See!”
• Re-reading the text on the second page also builds fluency and provides a second opportunity to read with expression.
• From the student’s point of view, the illustration on the second page is seen as a REWARD for reading the text page!
Copyright 2000 All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any electronic mechanical means, including photocopying without permission from the author.